Tuesday, January 18, 2011

Brazilian Keratin Treatment: A Dangerous Price to Pay for Beauty


   As a natural Susy Q myself i used to dream of having my hair as long & silky straight as many Asian women.Going to such lengths as relaxers, press & curls and all falling flat, I've never been the prissy prim type so all that maintenance drives me UP THE WALL!!!
   I started to hear about these different process that were "better" than relaxers and they let me keep my curls too (we have a love/hate relationship).So alas the Brazilian Blow-out AKA Brazilian Keratin Treatment the likes of Nicole Richie and Halle Berry have raved of it but why such the  negative feedback?

   Take for example Good Morning America, Extra & ABC all claiming its hazardous effects i.e. Bloody noses, eye irritations (much like relaxers) if its SO GOOD than why are people having reactions???
Here's why!Reasearchers in Oregon tested the so-called **FORMALDEHYDE FREE** procedure and came back with a positive.Now according to labeling this is SOMEWHAT untrue except that the chemical takes on many names like METHYLENE GLYCOL & FORMALIN which if you do research on the latter it is a liquid form of formaldehyde. Shocked? You shouldn't be they do what everybody else does change names, add ingredients and dilute to make it undetected by the unknowing.

  So do you really want to spend $200+ on a treatment with false claims & possible serious health effects??
I think ill just labor over a flat iron & continue this marriage of love/hate with my shirley temples.
Besides its just as straight as the process and my curls stay exactly the same no changes at all!



                              Brazilian Keratin Treatment: A Dangerous Price to Pay for Beauty?